The past two years have not given me a lot of opportunities for some pampering.
With the lockdowns and the pausing of operations of non-essential businesses such as nail salons, I’ve had to make do with my good ole’ nail clipper to keep my nails passingly presentable.
Well, with the easing of quarantine restrictions and the prospect of returning to the office in the coming days (which require getting my “porma” on while in a corporate setting), I just knew I needed to level up my nail-care game.
With these considerations in mind, I opted to treat, not just myself, but also my husband and daughter #ExhibitA, to some pampering via manicure/pedicure and foot spa services at the nearby Nailaholics Nail Salon and Spa.
This decision might come across as self-indulgent but this kind of self-care does have some significant health benefits:
- They help prevent infections. Regular cleaning and clipping prevent ingrown toenails which normally cause infection. Plus, part of the services involve moisturizing your feet and hands which, in turn, minimize dryness that results to skin cracks which may also house infection.
- They promote healthy blood circulation. Nail technicians also massage your your arms, hands, lower legs and feet during your mani/pedi service, which help to reduce muscle tension, improve joint mobility and optimal blood circulation.
- They help improve the appearance of your hands and feet. Aside from the improved blood circulation that improves your skin condition, the resulting clean and well-groomed look of your extremities contribute to an overall improved appearance.
Nailaholics prides itself as the country’s pioneer in specialized nail salon and spa boutique. It promises to bring that “getaway experience” to its patrons, that paradise of pampering that comes from professional yet personalized service from highly trained nail technicians and a truly relaxing setting inspired by the chic and luxurious beach life along the Hamptons coast.
Our pampering started off with a Foot Spa (Php500) that involves foot detoxification, exfoliation and moisturization.
First, our feet were soaked in a warm and scented foot bath which helped to soothe our feet (oftentimes the most neglected part of our body!). These were then massaged and scrubbed to remove dead skin cells and promote a softer feel.
After the Foot Spa, comes the Pedicure (Php475) which involves toenail shaping, cuticle treatment and (for me and #ExhibitA) application of nail polish.
I’ve been nursing a case of subungal hematoma (also known as “patay na kuko”) on my toes for the past few months which I’ve been feeling very self-conscious about. It wouldn’t be an issue during a work-from-home setting (after all, I don’t display my feet during Zoom meetings, hehehe!) but going back to the office with these unsightly injuries would preclude me from wearing open-toed heels which I usually wear with my office clothes.
Ah, the problems that beset working women!
Well, this problem was solved by covering them up with nail polish. As I would still like my toenail color to be simple and low-maintenance, I opted for a nail polish shade that’s close to my skin tone.
Simultaneous with our Pedicure, another set of nail technicians are busy with our Manicure (Php450), cleaning and shaping our fingernails as well as carefully providing cuticle treatment.
Since my work involves a lot of typing on computer keyboards, long fingernails is a no-no. I opted for French tipped-nails: closely clipped and square-shaped nails with a clear polish applied at the base and white nail polish applied at the tips. This style has a clean and simple appearance that is so easy to maintain.
It’s wonderful how this short pampering session got me feeling all refreshed and revved up, ready to return to the office!
Plus, Hubby and #ExhbitA are quite happy with their Nailaholics experience as well!
Want to treat yourself to some pampering too? Book your appointment now!
This Nailaholics branch is located at the Second Floor, SM City East Ortigas, Ortigas Avenue Extension, Barangay Sta. Lucia, Pasig City, open daily from 10am to 9pm.
Other Nailaholics branches in Metro Manila are located in the following cities:
- Las Pinas: SM Las Pinas
- Makati: Ayala Circuit, Gloriata 3, Cash & Carry, San Antonio Plaza Arcade
- Manila: Lucky Chinatown Mall, SM Manila
- Marikina: Ayala Malls Feliz, SM Marikina
- Muntinlupa: Festival Mall, SM Muntinlupa
- Novaliches: SM Novaliches
- Quezon City: Ayala Malls Cloverleaf, Ayala Fishermall, Eastwood Mall, Gateway Mall, Robinsons Galleria
- Paranaque: SM BF Paranaque, SM Bicutan, SM Sucat, Ayala Malls Mania=la Bay
- Pasay: SM Mall of Asia
- Pasig: Ayala Malls the 30th, Robinsons Metro East, SM Pasig
- San Juan: Unimart
- Taguig: Market! Market!, Uptown Mall
- Taytay: SM Taytay
Know more about Nailaholics by visiting its website. To stay updated on Nailaholics’ promos and offers, follow it on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Check out my previous post about Nailaholics: