New York-style pizza is one that is made using large hand-tossed thin crust. It is usually sold for takeout in big slices; its crust crispy at the edge but soft and pliable enough with all its toppings (which usually include mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce) to be folded in half when eaten.
Together with three of my co-workers, I went to the Brooklyn’s New York Pizza branch along Tomas Morato. Some of us have eaten here several times, enjoying its laid-back atmosphere and modern vibe.
Thanks to a Metrodeal offer, we were able to enjoy a hearty lunch of New York-style pizza and pasta. We have two vouchers that entitles us to a total of Php1000 worth of food for only Php698 (each voucher costs Php349). With these, we ordered:
A 14-inch White Pizza (Php495). A New York-style pizza topped with a combination of mozzarella, ricotta and parmesan.
Spicy Shrimp Pasta for sharing (Php380). One of the resto’s best-sellers plump and fresh shrimp accompanied by a spicy tomato sauce.
An Iced Tea Tower (Php150)
With the discount, our group of four only paid less than Php200 each for this hearty lunch.
This Brooklyn’s New York Pizza branch is located along Tomas Morato, Bgy. Laging Handa, Quezon City, open Sundays to Thursdays from 10am to 11pm, and Fridays to Saturdays from 10am to 1am. For reservations and queries, call +63 2 3767676.
Other Brooklyn’s New York Pizza branches are located at:
- 1176 Chino Roces Avenue, San Antonio, Makati City
- Fourth Floor, Midtown Wing, Robinsons Place Manila, Ermita, Manila
- 15 President’s Avenue, BF Homes, Parañaque City
- Second Floor, Madison Galeries, Don Jesus Boulevard, Alabang Hills, Cupang, Muntinlupa City
- Second Floor, Robinsons Place Las Piñas, Alabang-Zapote Road, Talon, Las Piñas City
- Ground Floor, Alabang Town Center, Alabang, Muntinlupa City