I’m not much of a drinker but I understand the appeal of hanging out somewhere scenic or cozy, favorite concoction in hand and just chat with friends.
Last Friday night, together with fellow Zomato foodies, I did just that at The Nautilus Whiskey Bar. Named after the submarine helmed by Captain Nemo in Jules Verne’s classic adventure novels Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea and The Mysterious Island, the bar boasts of an extensive wine list, steampunk-inspired interiors made to look like the inside of the famed submarine designed by artist Ram Mallari, Jr., and a roofdeck that provides a breathtaking view of Quezon City.
For this gathering, The Nautilus brought out more than just the regular bar chow:
- House Buffalo Wings (Php275). Spicy chicken wings drenched in hot sauce and melted butter with a side of blue cheese dressing. Nothing like something hot and spicy have one go looking for drinks!
- Wagyu Cubes (Php450). Melt-in-your-mouth cubes of tender wagyu beef served on a hot plate.
- Tuna Carbonara (Php275). This dish featured the Mega brand of tuna flakes cooked with mushrooms into a white cream sauce.
- Roasted Spiced Chicken Au Poivre (Php445). A spice-infused roasted half-chicken served with crisp steamed vegetables and fries.
- Baked Norwegian Salmon (Php495). Cheese-topped salmon fillet served with onion links, shiitake mushrooms and steamed vegetables.
- Nautilus Signature Cheeseburger (Php325). Homemade quarter-pounder beef patty drizzled with melted cheese, topped with deep-fried onion rings and served with crisp potato fries.
- The Nautilus Sling (Php302.50). A blend of orange juice, lime juice, triple sec, blue curacao and bourbon whiskey.
View this post on Instagram
More than just #barchow: Buffalo Wings, Wagyu Cubes, Tuna Carbonara, Roasted Chicken, Baked Salmon and the Nautilus Cheeseburger. #foodie #foodporn #foodstagram #foodiegram #foodgasm #nom #nomnom #nomnomnom #igers #igersmanila #delish #zomato #zomatoph #zomatophfoodie #zomatophfoodiemeetup #zomatophfmu
The Nautilus Whiskey Bar is located at the roofdeck of Prime Hotel, No 70 Esguerra Street, Brgy. South Triangle, Quezon City (across Hi-Top Supermarket). It is open Tuesdays to Thursdays from 5pm to 2am, and Fridays to Saturdays from 6pm to 3am. For inquiries and reservations, call +63 998 8680324.
Also, catch performances by singers Paula Bianca, Ana Ramsey and Aileen Udtog on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays respectively from 8pm to 12mn.
Special deals include:
- Buy 1 Get 1 on local beers and selected cocktails as well as 10% discount on bottles during Happy Hour, 5pm to 8pm Tuesdays to Thursdays.
- 10% off on all bottled whiskey with a free Coke or Sprite carafe every Friday and Saturday.
Disclosure: Together with other Zomato foodies, I was invited to attend a foodie meet-up held in this restaurant. All the food items mentioned here were served to allow us to sample the fare and were not paid for by the attendees, including myself.
Check out my reviews of another bar in the area – Vitto’s Wine Bar & Restaurant.