This May, CinemaWorld brings its viewers to an awe-inspiring journey across the globe through endearing stories of life and second chances that won acclaim in the prestigious Cannes Film Festival. Every Wednesday at 9pm, indulge yourself with a celebrated international film, in its original language with English subtitles, available exclusively on CinemaWorld on SKYcable.
Chouf (France), May 1
Cannes Film Festival 2016, Official Selection, Special Screening
After witnessing the death of his drug dealer brother in a fatal shooting, Sofiane joins the gang seeking revenge. Leaving behind his school life, he becomes Chouf – the lookout guy within the French drug cartels.
The Rest of the Night (Italy), May 8
Cannes Film Festival 2008, Directors Fortnight
After getting fired from her job under the suspicion of stealing, Maria plots with her ex-con former lover and his cocaine-addicted friend to rob her former boss.
Amreeka (USA), May 15
Cannes Film Festival 2009, Fipresci Prize
Single mother Muna and her son leaves their chaotic life in the West Bank to start anew in the promised land in a small town in Illinois.
Villegas (Argentina), May 22
Cannes Film Festival 2012, Golden Camera Nominee (Gonzalo Tobal)
Despite years of separation, cousins Esteban and Pipa embark on a road trip together to Villegas for their grandfather’s funeral.
The Owners (Kazakhstan), May 29
Cannes Film Festival 2014, Official Selection, Special Screening
Three orphaned siblings left the city to return to their family home in a quiet village. Trouble ensues as they fight a corrupt bureaucracy in order to keep a roof over their heads.
CinemaWorld is a 24-hour movie channel that premieres the world’s best and award-winning movies, box-office successes, critics’ favorites from all around the world.
In the Philippines, SKYcable subscribers can add it to their channel line-up for only Php150/month. To subscribe online to this and other movie channels, click here.
Disclosure: I work for SKY and part of my job is promoting its products and services, especially the content it provides to its subscribers. I consider being able to share my love for TV shows and movies and the experience of watching and talking about them with like-minded people some of the biggest perks of my job.
Check out my previous posts on CinemaWorld:
- CinemaWorld bring stories of love in transit on SKY on Demand this February
- New movies to usher in the new year on CinemaWorld
- CinemaWorld film fest features 4 award-winning films this November
- CinemaWorld brings two episodes of French TV series “Murder In” on SKY On Demand this October
- CinemaWorld brings South African rom-com “For the Birds” for free on SKY On Demand
- CinemaWorld brings Russian movie “Mortal Affair” for free on SKY On Demand
- A special screening of Diego Luna’s “Abel” brought by CinemaWorld
- CinemaWorld brings French movie “A Mother’s Fight” for free on SKY On Demand