The name Gong Cha (“the emperor” and “contributed” in Chinese) denotes “the best tea contributed to the king from all possessions.” it now translates to the store’s central philosophy: to treats its customers as emperors and provide them with only the best products.
While the area in Tomas Morato is now teeming with milk tea shops, for the longest time, it was only Gong Cha in Il Terrazzo Mall that my officemates and I were aware of.
Recently, after lunch nearby with my officemates, I opted to drop by and give in to my personal milk tea obsession: to taste each milk tea shop’s version of pearl milk tea with salted cream.
At Gong Cha, this takes the form of Milk Tea with Pearl Jelly (Php85) topped with Gong Cha House Special Milk Cream (Php42).
Gong Cha’s pearl milk tea is made from premium tea leaves freshly brewed every day and served with chewy tapioca pearls. The special salted cream that tops my drink is rich and frothy, definitely complementing the tea’s flavor.
I enjoyed myself with this drink as my well-deserved afternoon indulgence at work.
This Gong Cha branch is located at Second Floor, Il Terrazzo Mall, Tomas Morato Avenue corner Scout Madrinan Street, South Triangle, Quezon City.
Other branches are located at:
- Quezon City: Eastwood Mall, Robinsons Galleria, Cyberpark Tower 1, Shopwise Araneta, Robinsons Magnolia, UP Town Center, SM Sta. Mesa, Fisher Mall, Trinoma Mall, SKY Garden and Main Building SM North EDSA, SM Sun Mall, Amoranto Street – Banawe, Ayala Malls Cloverleaf, SM City Fairview, Ayala Fairview Terraces
- Pasig: L&Y Plaza Ugong, Ortigas Technopoint, Ayala Feliz,
- Marikina: SM City Marikina
- San Juan: Theater Mall Greenhills Shopping Center, Cardinal Santos Medical Center, Santolan Town Plaza
- Mandaluyong: Greenfield District, SM Light Mall, Forum Robinsons
- Taguig: Uptown Place Mall, SM Aura Premier, Vista Mall Taguig, Fort Victoria Building, Venice Grand Canal Mall
- Makati: Powerplant Mall, Glorietta 1, Glorietta 4, SM Jazz Mall, SM Makati, Landmark, Greenbelt Hamilton Tower, San Lorenzo Place Condominium, Shell Magallanes
- Pasay: Newport City, Met Live Mall, MOA Arena, Entertainment Mall MOA, SM by the Bay
- Manila: 2 Torre Lorenzo, The One Grand Centre, SM City Manila, Robinsons Place Manila, SM City San Lazaro, G-2 Avenue of the Arts, Lucky Chinatown
- Caloocan: SM City Sangandaan
- Paranaque: SM City BF, SM City Sucat,
- Valenzuela: SM City Valenzuela
- Las Pinas: The Village Square Alabang, SM Southmall, Vista Mall Las Pinas, Evia Lifestyle Center
- Muntinlupa: Alabang Town Center, Festival Mall
Check out my reviews of other milk tea joints:
- Cha Tuk Chak, Greenhills
- The Alley, SM North EDSA
- Infinitea, Tomas Morato
- Xing Fu Tang, Greenhills
- Dakasi, Tomas Morato
- Chatime, SM East Ortigas
- Make Your Own Cafe, Tomas Morato
- UltraKappu, Old Balara
- Tea Bubble House, Greenhills
- Good Good, Tomas Morato
- Make Your Own Cafe, Maginhawa
- Jelly G, Thai Milk Tea, UP Town Center
- Macao Imperial Tea, SM Manila
- Coco Fresh Tea & Juice, Ugong
- Macao Imperial Tea, Timog
- Happy Cup, Tomas Morato
- Snack Attack, SM North EDSA
- Oh My Chicken, Tondo
- Yi Fang, Tomas Morato