Tim Horton’s is an institution in Canada. This iconic donut brand is tightly enmeshed in the Canadian identity.
And with its entry into the Philippine market in 2017, it brought a little bit of the Great White North to our shores.
Would you believe I’ve only gotten around to sampling its offerings today, well over two years after Tim Horton’s opened its first branch in the country?
Blame it on a lack of opportunity, I guess. Most of the TH branches that opened are out of the way for me. That is, until I saw one in L&Y Plaza along Ortigas Avenue – a mere 2 kilometers away from my home.
I took advantage of Tim Horton’s gift certificates I received during the epic #WeLoveToEatPH Christmas Party to check out its famed donuts.
So what did I order?
Maple Dip Donut (Php55 each). TH’s soft donut dipped in rich maple fondant. Donut + Maple… how can you get any more Canadian than that?
Strawberry Field Timbit (Php12 each). Soft sugar-coated donut holes filled with strawberry filling.
Peach GardenTeajito (Php105). TH’s refreshing non-coffee drink made from black tea, peach-flavored syrup and a shot of Mentha Cubano.
Well, it’s a good experience joining the Tim Horton’s bandwagon.
Now I know what the fuss is all aboot! (See what I did there?)
This Tim Horton’s branch is located at Ground Floor, L&Y Plaza, 120 E. Rodriguez Avenue Jr. corner Ortigas Avenue Extension, Barangay Ugong, Pasig City, open Mondays to Saturdays from 7am to 11pm and Sundays from 10am to 11pm.
Other branches in the metro can be found at:
- Quezon City: 1880 Building Eastwood Avenue, KIA Theater Cubao, Eton Centris Diliman, Ever Gotesco Commonwealth, SM City Fairview
- Pasig: Estancia Mall Oranbo
- San Juan: Connecticut Carpark Arcade Greenhills
- Taguig: Uptown Place Mall BGC, Market! Market! BGC, Net Quad BGC, Burgos Circle BGC, Venice Grand Canal Mall McKinley Hill
- Makati: Ermitage Building Salcedo Village, Ayala Malls Circuit, Glorietta 4, Insular Life Building, One Central Building, Paseo de Roxas corner Legaspi Street, San Lorenzo Place Condominium
- Manila: R Square Mall Malate, Centro Escolar University, UN Square Malate, SM City San Lazaro
- Pasay: NAIA Terminal 3, Blue Bay Walk MOA, Three E-Com Center MOA
- Paranaque: Pearl Plaza Quirino Avenue, Coojing Building President’s Arcade
Check out my reviews of other dessert shops in the metro:
- J.CO Donuts, SM Megamall
- Shari Shari, BGC
- Avocadoria.ph, Ayala Malls Vertis North
- Cara Mia, Robinsons Galleria
- Fiorgelato, Sta Lucia East
- Morelli’s, Shangri-la Plaza
- Morelli’s, Powerplant Mall
- Tsoko.Nut Batirol, Tomas Morato
- Miguelito’s Hyped Mangoes, Tomas Morato
- Hui Lau Shan, Eastwood Mall
- Loraine’s Coffee and Pastry Shop, Santa Lucia
- Hui Lau Shan, SM North EDSA
- Coffee Time, Santolan
- Taki Taki, Century City Mall
- Aqua S, SM North EDSA
- BLK 513, SM North EDSA
- Hui Lau Shan, Greenhills
- Affojeans, SM North
- Gelato Lab, Tomas Morato
- Hobing, BGC Stopover
- The Lost Bread, SM East Ortigas
- LlaoLlao, Glorietta
- Sugarhouse, Glorietta
- BLK 513, SM Megamall
- BLK 513, Glorietta
- Elait, Tomas Morato
- Elait, Eastwood Mall
- Cold Stone Creamery, BGC
- Chocolatier, Tomas Morato
- Jang Da Bang Cafe, Ortigas
- Auntie Anne’s, SM Hypermart
- Sugar Fix, Tomas Morato
- Coreon Gate, Metrowalk
- Indulge, Cubao
- Le Reve Patisserie, Ugong
- Hui Lau Shan, SM Megamall
- Hobing, SM Marikina