Avocado remains one of my favorite fruits ever.
Some of my favorite foodie memories when I was growing up involved my mom preparing a simple dessert made of avocado, sugar, evaporated milk and ice cubes. This was done only within the rainy season because that’s the only time avocados are available.
Now, thanks to modern farming technology, fresh avocados are readily available practically throughout the year.
It also gave rise to the popularity of avocado-based desserts such as those found in Avocadoria.PH.
This dessert chain prides itself on its delicious dessert products made with fresh avocados and other premium ingredients. It also helps local avocado farmers by creating possibilities for use of their harvests and by recycling discarded avocado skins to be mixed with fertilizers used by the farmers.
For foodies like me, it provides more ways to enjoy our favorite fruit.
Take the Avocado Ice Cream Cheesecake (Php550), for example. It’s a great pasalubong for the family or a gift for loved ones during special occasions.
Made with smooth and creamy avocado-flavored cream cheese filling on top of crushed graham crackers and topped with a layer of white chocolate studded with chopped nuts such as pistachios, almonds, cashews and walnuts, every spoonful of this cheesecake is a study in delectable contrasts of tastes and textures.
I’d love to get my hands on another tin of this lovely dessert so I can sate my avocado craving again!
This Avocadoria.PH stall is located at Level 1, Robinsons Galleria, Ortigas Center, Quezon City.
Other stalls in the metro are located at:
- Pasig: Tiendesitas, SM Center Pasig, Robinsons Metro East, Ayala Malls The 30th, Ayala Malls Feliz
- Mandaluyong: SM Megamall, Shangri-la Plaza, EDSA Central Pavilion, SM Light Mall, Forum Robinsons
- San Juan: Greenhills Shopping Center
- Quezon City: Eastwood Citywalk 2, Ali Mall Cubao, Farmers Plaza Cubao, Robinsons Magnolia, UP Town Center, Ayala Malls Vertis North, Fisher Mall, SM North EDSA, Walter Mart North EDSA, Ayala Malls Cloverleaf, Robinsons Novaliches, Ayala Fairview Terraces
- Marikina: SM City Marikina, Riverbanks Center, Ayala Malls Marikina, Dona Aurora Parang
- Taguig: Market! Market!, Food District Signatures on the 5th
- Makati: Ayala Mall Circuit, Glorietta 3, Philamlife Tower, San Lorenzo Place Condominium
- Manila: The One Grand Center Sampaloc, Robinsons Place Manila, SM City San Lazaro, Lucky Chinatown
- Pasay: Ayala Malls Manila Bay,
- Paranaque: SM City Bicutan, SM City BF Paranaque, SM City Sucat
- Caloocan: SM Center Sangandaan
- Malabon: Fisher Mall
- Valenzuela: SM City Valenzuela
- Las Pinas: SM Southmall, Vista Mall Las Pinas, Ayala Center Las Pinas
- Muntinlupa: Alabang Town Center, Starmall Alabang, Festival Mall, Ayala Malls South Park Alabang
Check out my reviews of other dessert shops in the metro:
- Dairy Queen, Greenfield District
- Tim Horton’s, L&Y Plaza
- J.CO Donuts, SM Megamall
- Shari Shari, BGC
- Avocadoria.ph, Ayala Malls Vertis North
- Cara Mia, Robinsons Galleria
- Fiorgelato, Sta Lucia East
- Morelli’s, Shangri-la Plaza
- Morelli’s, Powerplant Mall
- Tsoko.Nut Batirol, Tomas Morato
- Miguelito’s Hyped Mangoes, Tomas Morato
- Hui Lau Shan, Eastwood Mall
- Loraine’s Coffee and Pastry Shop, Santa Lucia
- Hui Lau Shan, SM North EDSA
- Coffee Time, Santolan
- Taki Taki, Century City Mall
- Aqua S, SM North EDSA
- BLK 513, SM North EDSA
- Hui Lau Shan, Greenhills
- Affojeans, SM North
- Gelato Lab, Tomas Morato
- Hobing, BGC Stopover
- The Lost Bread, SM East Ortigas
- LlaoLlao, Glorietta
- Sugarhouse, Glorietta
- BLK 513, SM Megamall
- BLK 513, Glorietta
- Elait, Tomas Morato
- Elait, Eastwood Mall
- Cold Stone Creamery, BGC
- Chocolatier, Tomas Morato
- Jang Da Bang Cafe, Ortigas
- Auntie Anne’s, SM Hypermart
- Sugar Fix, Tomas Morato
- Coreon Gate, Metrowalk
- Indulge, Cubao
- Le Reve Patisserie, Ugong
- Hui Lau Shan, SM Megamall
- Hobing, SM Marikina