To be honest, my quarantine life has been made so much more bearable by the joys of snacking.
Munching on some sweet or savory pastries in the afternoon after office Zoom meetings or during tutoring sessions with my son help to tide me over until dinnertime, giving me that much-needed energy boost. When my kids and I get a case of the munchies late at night, we also reach for some breads that we pair with our favorite spreads.
Fortunately, there’s a Breadtalk branch in the mall near my home which lets me grab delicious and affordable baked goods whenever I go out for a supply run.
Here, some of my go-to breads and pastries are made fresh everyday. In keeping with safety protocols, it already accepts cashless payments via GCash.
My favorites among its offerings include:
Kick Kick (Php39). Soft pillowy bread split in the middle to give way to a creamy sweet custard.
Rocky Rocky Milk (Php45). Fluffy Danish pastry with milky cream.
Strawberry Rocky (Php45). Rocky Rocky Milk breads halved then split in the middle to hold some tangy and sweet strawberry jam.
Prosperity Polo (Php56). Similar to a Danish pastry, this is topped with a pineapple ring with a creamy sweet custard in the middle.
Earthquake Cheese Toast (Php159). A toasted airy loaf filled with cheese bits.
Almond Frenzy (Php41). A fluffy baked doughnut topped with sliced almonds.
Custard Bun (Php35). Soft milk bread with a rich custard filling in the center.
Baguette (Php62). A long thin and crusty loaf which is a perfect companion for the the Shrimp Gambas I sometimes make for dinner.
Wholemeal Toast (Php109). Fluffy bread which serves as a perfect foil for my son’s favorite tuna spread.
So if you’re looking for savory breads for your sandwiches or to complement your viands, or for sweet pastries for your snack or dessert, drop by a Breadtalk branch near you.
You can also have your orders delivered right to your doorstep via GrabFood.
This Breadtalk branch is located at Ground Floor, SM City East Ortigas, Ortigas Avenue Extension, Pasig City.
Other Breadtalk branches in the metro are located at:
- Quezon City: Eastwood Mall, Robinsons Galleria, Gateway Mall, Robinsons Magnolia, Trinoma Mall, SM City North EDSA The Block, Ayala Malls Cloverleaf, SM City Novaliches, SM City Fairview
- Marikina: SM City Marikina
- Mandaluyong: SM Megamall, Shangri-la Plaza
- San Juan: V Mall Greenhills Shopping Center
- Taguig: Uptown Place Mall, Market! Market!, Bonifacio High Street, SM Aura Premiere
- Makati: Powerplant Mall, Century City Mall, Ayala Malls Circuit, Glorietta, The Landmark, Ayala North Exchange, Assembly Grounds at The Rise
- Manila: Robinsons Place Manila, SM City Manila, Lucky Chinatown Mall
- Pasay: SM Mall of Asia
- Las Pinas: SM Southmall
- Muntinlupa: Alabang Town Center, Festival Mall
Check out my posts on other bakery establishments in the metro: