Being a homebody (and an introvert to boot), I’m sometimes loathe to leave the house to do some grocery shopping, whether after a tiring workday or during the weekends when I feel like I have earned my respite.
When an officemate clued me in on Honestbee, I was thrilled at the idea. Imagine doing your grocery shopping using your computer or any mobile device, and having your goods delivered right to your doorstep!
Honestbee is an online concierge and delivery service. It keeps a pool of trained concierge shoppers (called shopper bees) who make the trip to stores near your area, pick out the freshest produce or the items specified in your order, then forwards it to one of the delivery bees so that your orders reach you in the time you specified. It’s basically like having a personal shopper for groceries!
Having logged nine grocery orders from its partner store Robinsons Supermarket for the past three months, I feel that I have enough experience with the service to list down exactly why I love it:
- The app is so easy to use. I mainly use the Honestbee mobile app as I try not to open my laptop at home (it’s my way of keeping my work life and home life separate). I simply downloaded the app on my phone and proceeded to use it. I’ve seen some reviews provide step-by-step instructions on how to use the service but, honestly, I don’t think those are necessary. Practically anyone who knows how to use a smartphone can navigate her way around the Honestbee app.
- No more handwritten grocery lists. Planning the trip to the grocery store used to be such a complex production number for me. I had to plan the weekly food menu, check various storage spaces for items we are running low on, ask my family members what they need, list down all the items on a piece of paper that I hopefully won’t forget when I leave for the grocery store, yada yada yada… With Honestbee, I can just place my orders via the app as I’m checking the ref, or conferring with yaya, etc.
- I don’t have to leave the house. Did I mention I’m a homebody? I’m the kind of person who can be perfectly content hanging around the house. The time I used to carve out for grocery shopping is time I now use to play with my kids, catch up on my reading or my favorite TV shows, try out new recipes or crafts, and, of course, write this blog! Presented with with option to pay via cash or credit card, I chose credit card, eliminating the mad dash to the ATM to pay for my purchases. Plus, with the rising gas prices and the stress of having to find parking in malls and supermarkets, I’m happy as a clam to stay right at home.
- I get additional savings from promos and rewards. Since I shop for an average-sized household, I’m usually able to unlock the FREE DELIVERY reward which eliminates the flat Php45 delivery fee from the final bill. From time to time, Honestbee would also email me promo codes that shave off as high as Php500 for a minimum order of Php2,500. I just have to indicate the promo codes during checkout for the discounts to apply.
- Its shopper and delivery bees are friendly and helpful. My usual shopper bee, Odessa, would text me with suggested alternatives if some of the items I ordered are out of stock. One of my delivery bees, Jeffrey, ventured out in the scorching heat of the midday sun just to delivery my groceries by 12noon. I’m happy that such hardworking and accommodating people are able to earn some extra cash during their spare time through their engagement with Honestbee.
Honestbee has extended its services beyond groceries to include food delivery. Some of the places I’ve already eaten at, including Tittos and Don Bao in Kapitolyo and Pi Breakfast & Pies in The Grove, now deliver through Honestbee. So just picture yourself ordering from your favorite resto using your phone everytime you get a craving.
Have I given you enough reasons to try Honestbee? Here’s another one!
Sign up for Honestbee using my referral link and get Php500 off for a minimum spend of Php2,500. I also get a similar discount, so it’s actually win-win, hmmm?
Let me know what you think!
Download the Honestbee app on iTunes or Google Play. Don’t forget to sign up for the service first using my referral link!
77 thoughts on “Five Things I Love About Honestbee”