As can be gleaned from its name, Outback Steakhouse is inspired by the hearty meals of burgers and barbecued meats in Australian cuisine. Being a core component of the Australian diet, meat does take center stage in the restaurant’s menu: with Signature Steaks of various cuts cooked to order, Australian-themed appetizers, burgers, sandwiches and more.
As my daughter #ExhibitA and I were on our way to the grand opening of BLK513 in Glorietta, we decided to while away some time with some light lunch at the Glorietta branch of Outback Steakhouse, taking advantage of a Metrodeal offer that gave us Php500 worth of food for only Php299.
The place is not as full as we expected despite the lunch hour on a Saturday. The ground floor dining area is for smokers but the second floor dining space is more geared towards families and non-smokers. The darkwood floors and furniture give the place a masculine feel (quite appropriate for a steaks and grill place).
Light lunch fare and Outback steakhouse’ offerings do not usually go together but my daughter and I solved this dilemna by splitting an order Bacon Cheeseburger (Php499). This consisted of an Outback Steakhouse’ humungous ground beef burger patty, grilled to medium doneness per our request, topped with bacon, American cheese, pickles, onions, mayo, lettuce and tomato between warm fluffy burger buns, certainly juicy and meaty with every bite. It is served with Aussie Fries, large fried potato wedges which helped make this meal filling enough for two.
Considering availing of the same Metrodeal offer? Here are some friendly reminders:
- Note the validity period of the Metrodeal voucher. It may not be valid for use during holidays or special events.
- You can only use a maximum of 8 vouchers per table per redemption.
- Be sure to reserve your table before you go to the resto.
This Outback Steakhouse branch is located at the Ground Floor, Glorietta 4, Ayala Center, Glorietta Complex, Makati City, open daily from 11am to 1am. For reservations and inquiries, call +63 2 7298458.
Other branches are located at:
- Ground Floor, ATC Corporate Center, Alabang, Muntinlupa (open Sundays to Thursdays from 11am to 10pm and Fridays to Saturdays 11am to 11pm; Tel: +63 2 7721844)
- Blue Bay Walk, Macapagal Avenue Corner EDSA, Libertad, Pasay City (open Sundays to Thursdays from 11am to 10.30pm and Fridays to Saturdays 11am to 12midnight; Tel: +63 2 8931026)
- Eastwood Citywalk 1, Libis, Quezon City (open Sundays to Thursdays from 10am to 11pm and Fridays to Saturdays 10am to 12midnight; Tel: +63 2 2773216)
Check out my reviews of other burger places:
- Zark’s Burgers, SM East Ortigas
- Charlie’s Grind and Grill, Tomas Morato
- 8 Cuts Burger Blends, Greenhills Promenade
- Army Navy, Tomas Morato
- Chili’s, Tomas Morato
- Pound by Todd English, Eastwood City
This post contains affiliate links.
Want to try preparing awesome burgers at home? Check out these recipe books at Amazon.com!
Build Your Own Burger: BYOB. Chef Jeff Rossman gives you the building blocks and the inspiration you to create a your own burger masterpiece!
American Burger Revival: Brazen Recipes to Electrify a Timeless Classic. Award-winning chef Samuel Monsour and noted burger critic and chef Richard Chudy serves as your guides in this brave new world of bold new burgers, bringing that energy and creativity to your own kitchen and backyard.
A Burger to Believe In: Recipes and Fundamentals. A deep-dive into the art and philosophy of making the perfect hamburger, with recipes for game-changing burgers and all the accoutrements.
Want to try some recipes today? There’s no need to leave home to shop for ingredients. With Honestbee, just order your groceries online and you’ll get them delivered right at your doorstep at your preferred time. Use this referral link to sign up to Honestbee and get Php500 off for a minimum spend of Php2,500. You can download the Honestbee app on iTunes or Google Play.
If you’re in the US and an Amazon Prime member, sign up for a free trial of Amazon Fresh to get your groceries delivered to you.