It’s great to have officemates who love to eat (not as much as I do, but still).
Before we took our holiday break, my boss decided to treat our team to dinner at The Alley by Vikings in UP Town Center.
What sets this buffet restaurant apart from the others is that it takes the form of a street-style food hall which incorporates concepts from around the world. Walking around the stations, you get a feel of touring the streets of the countries where the featured food items originate.
Instead of filling your plates yourself, you can request for small servings of the dishes from their respective stations, similar to the street food tripping experience. For example, our “food trip” here included the following stations:
- Hao Chi – for Chinese dimsum and Peking Duck
- Yatai – for Japanese sushi, sashimi and okonomiyaki
- O’Sean Eleven – for seafood chowder
- Just Steak a Minute – for freshly grilled steaks and other meats
- Ferino’s Bibingka – for freshly made puto bumbong
- Hunnycomb – for cakes and pastries
- Weekday Lunch: Php738 for adults, Php188 for kids 3ft for 4ft, Php388 for kids 4ft to 4ft 6in
- Weekday Dinner/ Weekend or Holiday Lunch and Dinner: Php938 for adults, Php288 for kids 3ft for 4ft, Php588 for kids 4ft to 4ft 6in
- Kids below 3ft eat for free
There are a lot of food choices, and more food stations than the ones I mentioned, which can be quite overwhelming. Refilling the more popular stations such as the sushi and the muscovado sugar for the bibingka took a long time.
I would also guess that the air-conditioning couldn’t cope with the volume of diners as it was quite warm where we were seated.
All that said, it was still a good time spent with my office buddies.
This branch of The Alley by Vikings is located 2nd Level, Phase 2, UP Town Center, Ayala Mall, Katipunan Avenue, Quezon City, open daily from 11am to 2.30pm and from 5.30pm to 10pm. For inquiries and reservations, call +63 2 82771888, +63 2 82772888, +63 917 6735888 or +63 918 9078888.
Other branches are located at:
- 2nd Level, Ayala Malls Cloverleaf, A. Bonifacio Street, Brgy. Balingasa, A. Bonifacio, Quezon City
- C1, Upper Ground Floor, Bonifacio High Street Central, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
- 20% off Weekday Lunch for every group of 5 pax from January 2 to February 28, 2020
- Birthday celebrants eat for free on the day of their birthday if accompanied by one full paying adult, or within their birth month if accompanied by four full-paying adults
Maximize your buffet restaurant visit. Read the tips in my buffet survival guide.
Check out my blog posts on other buffet restaurants in the Metro:
- Yakikai Buffet Restaurant, Tomas Morato
- Four in Love BBQ Hotpot Buffet, SM Manila
- Six Doors BBQ Buffet, BGC
- Firefly Roofdeck, City Garden Grand Hotel
- HEAT, EDSA Shangrila Plaza
- Marriott Cafe, Resorts World
- Cafe Romancon, Hotel Benilde
- Spice Cafe, City Garden Grand Hotel
- Food Exchange Manila, Novotel Manila Araneta
- Chateaubriand, Roxas Boulevard
- Vikings, SM Megamall
- Cabalen, Ayala Malls Feliz
- Dad’s-Saisaki-Kamayan, SM Megamall