Chinese cuisine is so ingrained in the local food scene that I simply can’t imagine going without it.
As one of the chief culinary influences to the Pinoy cuisine, Chinese food has been a frequent feature of many a Pinoy table from simple family dinners to lavish feasts.
In pre-COVID times, my officemates and I would sometimes go to the Wangfu Chinese Cafe branch near our office for lunch. There, we would feast on tasty yet affordable Chinese dishes that would sate our midday hunger and power us for our tasks for the rest of the workday.
With the community quarantine in effect since last year, going out for Chinese food is not as easy as it once was.
Thankfully, Wangfu has made its dishes available for long distance delivery via GrabFood so I can have my Chinese food cravings satisfied with little effort.
Giving in to my daughter #ExhibitA’s request for Chinese food for lunch at home one day, I ordered some of my old faves from Wangfu, which included:
Hakaw (Php206.84). Both my daughter and I go crazy over this shrimp dumpling. When dipped in toyomansi with a little bit of chili paste, it’s irresistible!
Half Hainanese Chicken (Php614.25). Half of a chicken poached in sub-boiling temperatures along with ginger, garlic and pandan leaves, then sliced upon serving. It’s best eaten with the oily chicken rice accompanied by three dipping sauces – soy sauce, chili sauce and ginger sauce.
Chicken Rice (Php84.48). The stock produced in poaching the chicken is used to boil rice, producing a flavorful oily rice (Yes, it’s oily and I don’t care! It’s yummy!) that goes so well with the chicken.
Salted Egg Squid (Php457.55). Breaded and deep-fried squid rings flavored with mashed salted egg yolks.
All of these flavors mesh well together. Once you’ve gotten a taste of this winning combination, I’m sure you’ll be hooked too!
Thanks to Wangfu, my daughter and I were able to satisfy our cravings for good Chinese food!
This Wangfu Chinese Cafe branch is located at Lower Ground Floor, LeGrand Tower 1, Eastwood City, Libis, Quezon City, open daily from 11am to 12 midnight. For inquiries and reservations, call +63 2 73734308 or +63 917 6295466. It also delivers via GrabFood.
Other branches may be found at:
- Ground Floor, SM City Marikina, Marcos Highway, Calumpang, Marikina City
- Ground Floor, Serendra, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City
- Ground Floor, Phase 1, UP Town Center, Katipunan Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City
- Ground Floor, Il Terrazzo, Tomas Morato Avenue Corner Scout Madrinan Street, South Triangle, Quezon City
- Level 1, Ayala Malls Vertis North, Bagong Pag-Asa, Quezon City
- Ground Level, Ayala Malls Cloverleaf, A. Bonifacio Avenue, Balintawak, Quezon City
- Lower Ground Floor, The Parkway, SM City Fairview, Novaliches, Quezon City
Check out my reviews of other Asian restaurants:
- Yang Chow, Calle Industria
- Eat Fresh Famous Hongkong Street Food, Maybunga
- North Park, Tomas Morato
- North Park Noodles, Cainta
- Wangfu Chinese Cafe, Tomas Morato
- Lido Cocina Tsina, New Manila
- KopiChan, Cubao
- Asian Taste, Seascape Village
- GoGo Kitchen, Seascape Village
- Templo, Banawe
- DaTang, The Venice Piazza
- Bistro Charlemagne, Nuvali
- Bistro Charlemagne, Ayala Malls Feliz
- Bistro Charlemagne, Ayala Malls Manila Bay
- Sincerity Cafe & Restaurant, Banawe
- Hong Kong Roasting, Tomas Morato
- Yeah! Yeah! Chinese Cuisine, New Manila
- Causeway, Tomas Morato
- Bai Nian Tang Bao, BGC
- Greyson’s Dimsum and Noodle House, Mother Ignacia
- Le Ching, Tomas Morato
- Kopi Tiam, New Manila
- Hap Chan, Maybunga