I was going through my recipe books, trying to decide on what to prepare for our Noche Buena meal, when I came across the recipe for Cheese Baked Salmon.
I had my first taste of Baked Salmon at Conti’s a few years ago and I developed quite a liking for it.
Wanting to prepare something similar for my family, I scoured the internet for a recipe which I tweaked, considering available ingredients.
It’s quite easy to make but the ingredients are a bit costly so I only make this dish during special occasions like Noche Buena.
- 2 pieces of salmon fillets, at least half a kilo each
- 9 cloves of garlic, finely chopped (use 2/3 of this for the marinade and 1/3 for the cheese topping)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 box (250 grams) Emborg Cream Cheese
- 5 tbsp Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise
- Marca Pina Parmesan Cheese
- 1 pack of frozen peas, corn and carrots
- 2 tbsp butter
- To marinate the salmon, season it with salt, pepper and garlic then sprinkle it with lemon juice. Set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Using a hand-held mixer, whip the cream cheese until softened and fluffy then add the mayonnaise, garlic and parmesan cheese to taste
- Pat the marinated salmon dry and place it in an oven pan. Generously spread the cheese topping over the fish and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake at 170 degrees C for 35 to 40 minutes or until the topping turns golden brown.
- Serve with vegetable sauteed in butter.
This recipe serves 6 persons at 270 calories per serving.
Check out my other recipes: