Food destinations abound in Bonifacio Global City, giving foodies that frequent the area with an exciting array of options for gastronomic adventures.
Uptown Mall, for example, is the site of one such establishment: Tendon Kohaku.
A member of the Mugen Group which also manages other Japanese restaurant brands such as UCC Cafe, Mitsuyado Seimen, MOS Burger and Coco Ichibanya, Tendon Kohaku specializes in tendon, a wordplay on tempura (lightly battered and deep-fried meat, seafood or vegetables) and donburi (“rice bowl”).
Here, Japanese food lovers can look forward to an elevated tempura experience, made possible by four elements:
- Fresh Ingredients. Only the freshest ingredients, chosen with professional care according to exacting standards, are used in Tendon Kohaku’s tempura dishes.
- Tempura Batter. Tendon Kohaku’s tempura better is using premium-grade flour and employing traditional tempura techniques to produce a coating that is light, crispy and flavorful.
- Cooking Technology. The restaurant uses a high blend of sesame and cooking oil applied with a special filtration system that keeps it clean and light for cooking.
- Secret Sauce. Tendon Kohaku’s two signature sauces are made in-house using a special blend of spices to create a distinctively sweet-savory flavor. The Sweet sauce is crafted to balance out the saltiness of the tempura while the Spicy sauce does the same with an additional spicy kick.
To give my daughter a change of scene away from her workplace nearby, I decided to treat her to lunch at Tendon Kohaku.
Our meal started with the complementary Japanese tea, available hot and iced.
We opted to get teishoku – Japanese set meals that already include rice, tuna sashimi, tamago rolls and potato salad – quite a complete and nourishing meal that combines interesting flavors and textures.
My order was the Tempura Teishoku (Php590) which consist of various tempura such as Chicken Breast, Wild Tiger Prawns, Squid, Crabstick, Green Beans, Shiitake, Young Corn and Pumpkin accompanied by tempura sauce.
My daughter, on the other hand, opted for the Tonkatsu Teishoku (Php650), which consist of three slices of panko-breaded and deep-fried pork cutlets served with katsu sauce.
With these teishoku, my daughter and I were able to enjoy a filling meal during her lunch break.
Tendon Kohaku is located at the Third Floor, Uptown Mall, 36th Street, Uptown Bonifacio, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, open for dine-in, pick-up, takeout and delivery. For inquiries, reservations and orders, call +63 956 2792961.
Other branches are located at:
- 4th Level, Japan Town, Ayala Malls Vertis North, North Triangle, Bagong Pag-Asa, Quezon City (Tel: +63 927 5005977)
- Ground Floor, Building 7, Forbestown Road, Burgos Circle, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig (Tel: +63 956 2792966)
Tendon Kohaku also delivers via GrabFood, FoodPanda, Pick-A-Roo and Booky.
To know more about Tendon Kohaku, follow it on Facebook and Instagram.
One thought on “Teishoku Sets at Tendon Kohaku, Uptown Mall”
OMG 😱 Looks delicious 🤤 Cravings tempura 🍤