The metro seems to be in the midst of a mango mania with mango desserts and drinks (at last!) taking center stage.
And why shouldn’t they?
The unofficial national fruit is known for its succulent and juicy sweetness, and our homegrown mangoes are among the best globally.
It’s therefore no surprise, that after lunch at Il Terrazzo with my friends, I veered away from my original quest to get myself a cup of healthy lemon juice from a nearby stall and instead ran down to the Miguelito’s Hyped Mangoes stall.
For one thing, Papa Piolo (or at least, a tarpaulin-mounted likeness of him) was there beckoning me with his limpid eyes and his sweet smile, promising me the health benefits of mangoes, which are a source of:
- Vitamin C to boost the immune system
- Vitamin A to improve vision
- Healthy probiotic fiber
- Potassium and Magnesium
Also, these mango offerings are also quite affordable. My chosen dessert, a Mango Supreme, is 16 ounces of soft-serve mango ice cream, topped with chopped mango and mango syrup, all for only Php65!
Needless to say, I gave in to this sweet temptation. And giving in to temptation has never been so rewarding!
This Miguelito’s Hyped Mangoes stall is located at Il Terrazzo – 305 Tomas Morato Ave. cor. Scout Madriñan St., South Triangle, Quezon City.
Other branches are located in:
- Mandaluyong: Starmall EDSA-Shaw Boulevard, SM Hupermarket Bagong Silang,
- Taguig: Market! Market!, SM Hypermarket FTI
- Marikina: Ayala Malls Marikina
- Makati: Alphaland Southgate Mall, SM Hypermarket Makati
- Manila: University Mall, Harrison Plaza, SM City San Lazaro, Manila Ocean Park
- Quezon City: Fisher Mall, SM Hypermarket Quirino Highway, Robinsons Novaliches
- Paranaque: SM City Bicutan, SM City Sucat
Check out my reviews of other dessert shops in the metro:
- Hui Lau Shan, Eastwood Mall
- Loraine’s Coffee and Pastry Shop, Santa Lucia
- Hui Lau Shan, SM North EDSA
- Coffee Time, Santolan
- Taki Taki, Century City Mall
- Aqua S, SM North EDSA
- BLK 513, SM North EDSA
- Hui Lau Shan, Greenhills
- Affojeans, SM North
- Gelato Lab, Tomas Morato
- Hobing, BGC Stopover
- The Lost Bread, SM East Ortigas
- LlaoLlao, Glorietta
- Sugarhouse, Glorietta
- BLK 513, SM Megamall
- BLK 513, Glorietta
- Elait, Tomas Morato
- Elait, Eastwood Mall
- Cold Stone Creamery, BGC
- Chocolatier, Tomas Morato
- Jang Da Bang Cafe, Ortigas
- Auntie Anne’s, SM Hypermart
- Sugar Fix, Tomas Morato
- Coreon Gate, Metrowalk
- Indulge, Cubao
- Le Reve Patisserie, Ugong
- Hui Lau Shan, SM Megamall
- Hobing, SM Marikina