Taking advantage of a credit card promo, my mother-in-law treated us to dinner at Manila Hotel’s Tap Room to celebrate my sister-in-law’s birthday.
Manila Hotel is a historic 5-star hotel located along Manila Bay. Built in 1909, it is the oldest premiere hotel in the Philippines.
The Tap Room is Manila Hotel’s English pub-inspired bar. Its dim lighting, dark wood interiors, plush seating and soothing jazz music from live performers make it an appropriate place to unwind in with your favorite drink.
While waiting for our orders, we were served with salted peanuts and green peas to go with our drinks (mine was, of course, a double shot of Bailey’s).
Our food orders included:
- Pizza Manila Hotel (Php550). A thin-crust pizza topped with tomato, mozzarella, Laguna cheese and olives.
- Slider (Php550). Two cheese-stuffed mini burgers with guacamole and barbecue sauce.
- Chicken Shawarma Wrap (Php450). Roasted chicken wrapped in a toasted flour tortilla and served with tahina dip, garlic sauce, pickles and French fries.
- Fried Fish and Chips (Php750). Battered fish fried to a crispy golden brown and served with large cut fries.
- Deep-fried Calamares (Php450).
- Buffalo Chicken Wings (Php450).
- Sizzling Pork Sisig (Php450).
Being located in a 5-star hotel, the Tap Room’s service was top-notch. The wait staff was elegantly dressed, very accommodating and helpful. They even brought out a slice of chocolate mousse as a birthday treat for my sister-in-law.
The food was well-presented and well-flavored. However, given the pricing, hanging out at the Tap Room for dining or drinks is not something I can do too often.
5 thoughts on “Unwinding at Manila Hotel’s Tap Room”