The Philippines is a country known for its vibrant culture, stunning beaches, and mouth-watering cuisine. However, in recent years, the country has also been gaining recognition for its growing wine culture. Wine has become increasingly popular among Filipinos, with more people exploring different varieties and developing a taste for this drink. This growing wine culture has created a thriving wine industry in the country, with local wineries producing unique wines that showcase the flavors of the Philippines.
As the wine culture in the Philippines continues to grow, there is a rising interest in international wines, and we enthusiastically welcomed one of most respected names in winery: Banfi Wines.
Banfi traces its origins back to the late 70s when John and Harry Mariani, then wine importers to the US, started acquiring territories in Montalcino, Italy that will allow them to become quality producers of wine as well.
Since then, Banfi has grown into a widely recognized international wine brand, firmly committed to its principle of “for a better wine world,” as exemplified in its achievements in:
- Sustainable viticulture. Banfi uses environmentally friendly practices to cultivate grapes and implemented several initiatives to reduce its carbon footprint, such as using solar power and implementing water conservation measures.
- Innovation. Banfi is constantly experimenting with new techniques and technologies to improve its wines, having invested in research and development to find new ways to produce high-quality wines sustainably while protecting the integrity and richness of its grapes.
- Respect for tradition. While also embracing innovation and sustainability, Banfi maintains its deep respect for the traditions of wine-making coupled with its drive for environmental stewardship, having implemented several initiatives to reduce its impact on the environment, such as using eco-friendly packaging and recycling.
With its commitment to sustainable viticulture, innovation and tradition, Banfi is a perfect fit for the Philippines’ growing wine culture. The company’s dedication to producing wines that meet the highest quality standards while also promoting sustainability and tradition is in line with the values of many Filipinos.
Among the Banfi wine varieties that Pinoys can enjoy are:
Castello Banfi, yielded by the splendid vineyards of Montalcino and Chianti, of Piedmont and the Tuscan coast.
Banfi Toscana, produced with selected grapes from specialized vineyards which express the genuine and authentic character of the Tuscan earth.
Banfi Piemonte, preserves and exalts the unique character of Piedmont grapes.
Recently, The Wine Club, led by its founder Michael V. Reyes, feted Banfi Wines with a launch event at the Maserati Showroom in BGC. The event welcomed the brand’s entry into the local market, with representatives from Banfi’s regional office and the Italian Chamber of Commerce also gracing the celebrations.
The launch also showcased the delicious possibilities Banfi’s wines present when paired with fine food such as Kokomo Seafoods Raw Bistro’s Vegas Shrimp Cocktail made with Selva Shrimp, Cognac & Beetroot Salmon Gravlax as well as Freshly Shucked Oysters from its MotherShuckers mobile oyster cart.
More delicious pairings featured during the event include fresh baked-on-the-spot pizzas from Nomo Cafe, with the more fruity wines balancing out their spicy and meaty flavors.
With such delectable possibilities, who could resist savoring a glass (or two!) of Banfi wines? So go ahead and embark on a journey for a better wine world with Banfi.
You can also experience Banfi wines in exquisite pairings at the following events:
- March 24 (Fri), 7pm: L’Opera Ristorante Italiano, The Fort Entertainment Complex, 26th corner 7th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig (Php6,500++ per person | RSVP at +63 2 88892784)
- March 25 (Sat), 6pm: Ristorante di Verona, Fifth Floor, Swissotel Clark, 5400 Manuel A. Roxas Highway, Clark Freeport Zone, Pampanga (Php3,488++ per person | RSVP at +63 45 3062000)
- March 27 (Mon): Anzani Restaurant, Veterans Dr., Nivel Hills, Cebu City (Php5,450++ per person | RSVP at +63 32 2327375)
The Wine Club is the exclusive importer and distributor of Banfi wines in the Philippines. To know more about The Wine Club and its products, visit its website or follow it on Facebook and Instagram. For inquiries, call +63 2 88937784.