While stuck at home due to the quarantine, don’t you sometimes long for the little indulgences you used to enjoy when you can freely move around?
My own little indulgence is the pearl milk tea.
Ever since it became a trending food item nearly a decade ago, pearl milk tea has been an easy and relatively affordable treat for my sweet tooth. It also has the added benefit of being a cold drink that can counter the uncomfortable heat in the metro.
Really, what’s not to love?
The silky feel of the milk tea as it flows from the straw into your mouth and the sweet and chewy surprise of the tapioca pearls… yep, these are among the humble rewards I can gift to myself at the end of a stressful day.
And since I love the interplay of sweet and salty flavors, I usually order Gong Cha’s Milk Tea with Pearl Jelly (Php85 regular | Php95 large) with Gong Cha Milk Cream Cheese (additional Php50). The milk cream cheese adds a bit of frothy richness to the drink. Yum!
Staying home during the ECQ may be a sacrifice, but thankfully, you can still indulge yourself with your favorite drinks from Gong Cha with three of its branches – Il Terrazzo Mall in Tomas Morato, L&Y Plaza in Pasig and Araneta Shopwise in Cubao – still open for take out and delivery via GrabFood, LalaFood and FoodPanda.
Download the Grab App on the App Store or Google Play. Get a discount on your first food order when you use my code: GRABJELLYBEANS.
Use this link to download the FoodPanda app and get Php100 off your first order.
Download the LalaFood App and get a free delivery coupon when you use my code: BEINGJMR53.
This Gong Cha branch is located at L&Y Plaza, 120 E. Rodriguez Jr. Corner Ortigas Avenue Extension, Ugong, Pasig City.
Other branches are located at:
- Quezon City: Il Terrazzo Mall, Eastwood Mall, Robinsons Galleria, Cyberpark Tower 1, Shopwise Araneta, Robinsons Magnolia, UP Town Center, SM Sta. Mesa, Fisher Mall, Trinoma Mall, SKY Garden and Main Building SM North EDSA, SM Sun Mall, Amoranto Street – Banawe, Ayala Malls Cloverleaf, SM City Fairview, Ayala Fairview Terraces
- Pasig: Ortigas Technopoint, Ayala Feliz
- Marikina: SM City Marikina
- San Juan: Theater Mall Greenhills Shopping Center, Cardinal Santos Medical Center, Santolan Town Plaza
- Mandaluyong: Greenfield District, SM Light Mall, Forum Robinsons
- Taguig: Uptown Place Mall, SM Aura Premier, Vista Mall Taguig, Fort Victoria Building, Venice Grand Canal Mall
- Makati: Powerplant Mall, Glorietta 1, Glorietta 4, SM Jazz Mall, SM Makati, Landmark, Greenbelt Hamilton Tower, San Lorenzo Place Condominium, Shell Magallanes
- Pasay: Newport City, Met Live Mall, MOA Arena, Entertainment Mall MOA, SM by the Bay
- Manila: 2 Torre Lorenzo, The One Grand Centre, SM City Manila, Robinsons Place Manila, SM City San Lazaro, G-2 Avenue of the Arts, Lucky Chinatown
- Caloocan: SM City Sangandaan
- Paranaque: SM City BF, SM City Sucat
- Valenzuela: SM City Valenzuela
- Las Pinas: The Village Square Alabang, SM Southmall, Vista Mall Las Pinas, Evia Lifestyle Center
- Muntinlupa: Alabang Town Center, Festival Mall
Check out my reviews of other milk tea joints:
- Tea 101, California Garden Square
- Gotcha Fresh Tea, Greenhills
- Brown Cafe, BGC
- Jelly G Thai Milk Tea, Ayala Malls Feliz
- Sakura Hanami, Maginhawa
- Teals & Tea Cafe, Santa Lucia
- Bubba Lab, Graceland Plaza
- Tiger Sugar, Trinoma Mall
- Pig Tea, Sta Lucia
- Juice Cubi, MOA Complex
- Chachago, Tomas Morato
- Bubba Lab, Lamp Quarters
- Gong Cha, Tomas Morato
- Cha Tuk Chak, Greenhills
- The Alley, SM North EDSA
- Infinitea, Tomas Morato
- Xing Fu Tang, Greenhills
- Dakasi, Tomas Morato
- Chatime, SM East Ortigas
- Make Your Own Cafe, Tomas Morato
- UltraKappu, Old Balara
- Tea Bubble House, Greenhills
- Good Good, Tomas Morato
- Make Your Own Cafe, Maginhawa
- Jelly G, Thai Milk Tea, UP Town Center
- Macao Imperial Tea, SM Manila
- Coco Fresh Tea & Juice, Ugong
- Macao Imperial Tea, Timog
- Happy Cup, Tomas Morato
- Snack Attack, SM North EDSA
- Oh My Chicken, Tondo
- Yi Fang, Tomas Morato