Before the enhanced community quarantine, when the foremost non-work concern on my mind was where to venture of to lunch with my officemates, we decided on trying out the newly opened branch of Peri-Peri Charcoal Chicken along Tomas Morato.
Peri-peri, also known as bird’s eye chili, is a type of chili grown in Southeastern Africa whose cultivation and culinary use was spread by the Portuguese to their colonial territories.
Today, it has defined a special way of preparing grilled chicken.
Peri-Peri Charcoal Chicken brings about its famed dish by marinating a whole chicken overnight in a special mixture of peri-peri chili, herbs and spices, then charcoal-grilling it to a gloriously golden hue.
This flavorful and juicy grilled chicken is best enjoyed with one or a combination of the restaurant’s eight signature sauces representing various gastronomic destinations, ranging from mildly sweet (Cajun Remoulade, Hoisin Sesame and Sweet Soy), medium spiciness (Garlic Brew, Spiced Vinegar and Mesquite BBQ) and hot (Chili Peppa and Harissa Exotica).
Our group decided on a Chicken Group Meal (Php799) which consisted of a whole Peri-Peri Chicken, four cups of Java Rice and four side dishes (we chose two mashed potatoes, a mac ‘n cheese and a coleslaw).
One of us was worried that the group meal won’t be enough for the whole group so he ordered a plate of Patatas Bravas (Php100).
As we finished our meal, our server gave us a taste of Peri Natas (Php140/box of four | Php199/box of six | Php360 box of 12). These are small egg custard tartlets that are popular in Portuguese colonies (I had my first taste of these in Macau).
What an adventurous yet filling meal for our group!
Want a taste of peri-peri chicken but can’t leave home? You’ll be happy to know that during the enhanced community quarantine, selected Peri-Peri Charcoal Chicken branches in the metro remain open for takeout and delivery via GrabFood and FoodPanda.
- UPS 2: Call +63 926 0645790 or +63 905 271 0224
- Capitol Commons: Call +63 2 86566470 or +63 915 2718479
- Banawe: Call +63 2 77990428 or +63 995 3202180
- Uptown Parade: Call +63 2 77174408 or +63 915 3878028
- Tomas Morato: Call +63 956 6944834
Download the Grab App on the App Store or Google Play. Get a discount on your first food order when you use my code: GRABJELLYBEANS.
Use this link to download the FoodPanda app and get Php100 off your first order.
This Peri-Peri Charcoal Chicken is located at Tomas Morato Avenue corner Scout Rallos Street, Laging Handa, Quezon City.
Other branches in Metro Manila may be found at:
- Las Pinas: Evia Lifestyle Center
- Makati: Ayala North Exchange, Greenbelt 3
- Mandaluyong: SM Megamall
- Manila: Robinsons Place Manila
- Marikina: SM City Marikina
- Muntinlupa: Alabang Town Center
- Paranaque: Ayala Malls Manila Bay
- Pasay: Resorts World Manila
- Pasig: SM City East Ortigas, Ayala Malls Feliz, Capitol Commons, Robinsons Galleria
- Quezon City: Eastwood Mall, Gateway Mall, Robinsons Magnolia, UP Town Center, Trinoma Mall, Banawe, Brittany Square
- San Juan: Promenade Greenhills
- Taguig: Uptown Parade BGC, Market! Market BGC, Venice Grand Mall
Check out my posts on other chicken places in the metro:
- Chooks-to-Go, De Castro
- Max’s, Tomas Morato
- Mang Inasal, Libis
- Peri Peri Charcoal Chicken, SM East Ortigas
- Alabama Mamma, California Garden Square
- Bad Bird, SM Megamall
- Chicka Chicka Chicken House, Libis
- BBX, Glorietta
- Senor Pollo, Tomas Morato
- Oh My Chicken, Tondo
- Wing Zone, SM Megamall
- Bacolod Chicken Parilla, Tomas Morato
- JT’s Manukan Grille, Tomas Morato
- Chichario Peri Peri Chicken, Alabang
- Anchor Point Diner, Mandaluyong
- Hawker Chan, SM North EDSA
- Peri Peri Chicken, Eastwood
- Kenny Rogers Roasters, SM East Ortigas
- Classic Savory, SM East Ortigas
- Hainanese Delights, Robinsons Galleria