You’ve probably heard of cold brew coffee but what about nitrogen-infused cold brew coffee?
Nitro 7 Coffee & Tea Bar is the first of its kind in the country, operating on a new technology in coffee and tea preparation.
At Nitro 7, single-origin Ethiopians arabica coffee beans are brewed in low temperature for 18 hours, then infused with nitrogen before being served on tap, similar to draft beer. The entire painstaking process from brewing your Nitro 7 coffee to serving it to you takes two days.
Cold brewing the coffee increases its caffeine content while lessening its acidity, making this the preferred coffee of people suffering from hyperacidity.
Infusing it with nitrogen, on the other hand, reduces the coffee’s bitter taste while thickening its texture and adding some milk sweetness to the brew. The result: the Black Nitro, Nitro 7’s signature black coffee which also serves as the base for its other coffee flavors.
Thanks to GCs I received during the epic #WLTEChristmas Party and also from Harvard of AlwaysHungryPH, I was able to treat my daughter and myself to a coffee break at the Nitro 7 Coffee & Tea Bar in SM Pasig.
There we enjoyed some of the coffee bar’s more Irish creme-based variants:
Irish Creme Breve (Php145). A creamy blend of nutty, chocolate, vanilla and whiskey flavors.
Irish Caramel Creme Nitroccino (Php170). An ice-blended coffee which mixes the flavors of Irish creme and the sweet richness of caramel.
We also treated ourselves to some desserts available at the store such as the New York Cheesecake (Php135), two pieces of Crinkles (Php35 each) and a Revel Bar (Php55).
The desserts are good accompaniments to the coffee drinks which remain the stars of the show.
This Nitro 7 Coffee & Tea Bar branch is located at Ground Floor, SM Center Pasig, Frontera Drive, Barangay Ugong, Pasig City, open daily from 11am to 10pm.
Other branches are located at:
- Makati: Food Choices Third Floor Glorietta 4
- Mandaluyong: Fourth Floor SM Megamall Building B, 123 Pioneer Street Highway Hills
- Manila: Third Floor Robinsons Place Manila, Ground Floor LA Village at Youniversity Suites Sampaloc
- Quezon City: Lower Ground Floor Robinsons Magnolia, Level 1 Robinsons Galleria, Lower Ground Floor SM City Fairview, The Annex SM City North EDSA, Eastwood Citywalk 1 Libis
- Pasig: 2nd Floor Ayala Malls the 30th, Cinema Level Ayala Malls Feliz, Emerald Mansion Garnet Road
- Valenzuela: Mezzanine Floor Pond Building
Check out my blog posts on breakfast/brunch joints around the metro:
- Dean & DeLuca, Tomas Morato
- Celsius, Lamp Quarters
- Sourdough Cafe + Deli, Tomas Morato
- Prologue Neighborhood Kitchen, Tomas Morato
- Press by Fully Booked, Powerplant Mall
- Cafe Shibuya, Trinoma
- Cafe Shibuya, Glorietta
- The Fat Seed Cafe + Roastery, UP Town Center
- Chef Jessie, Rockwell Club
- ALTA by Relik, San Juan
- Santiago’s Cafe, Mandaluyong
- Over Easy, Marikina
- Hustle Cafe, Tomas Morato
- Sammy’s, Cainta
- Artesa Deli + Coffee, Kapitolyo
- Burrow Cafe, Antipolo
- Pookaberry Cafe, Tomas Morato
- Cafe Tribu, Victoria de Morato
- Cafe Tribu, Kamuning
- Cafe Tribu, Gloria Diaz
- Bluesmith Coffee & Kitchen, Greenbelt
- Little Owl Cafe, New Manila
- Starbucks, Tomas Morato
- Starbucks, SM East Ortigas
- The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Tomas Morato
- The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Venice Piazza
- The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, SM East Ortigas
- White Camp Coffee, Tomas Morato